Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HPS GPIO's ouputs stuck in high impedence?

Default Re: HPS GPIO's ouputs stuck in high impedence?

Hi kyle ,

Really thankful to you.Just tell me where in the tool we can see the peripheral pin outs and top leve file as mentioned and then the mapping.
    If I get all three then I may get some hint......I cannot see the mapping if I get I might get some idea..

regards
    Ravi

Quote Originally Posted by KIO View Post
    Hey Ravi,

Looks like you have too many assignments.... please remove all...
    For the HPS pin outs... from the GPIO you need to make sure they are selected in the peripheral pin outs as exported GPIO (which you look to have done with GPIO_1).
    This is then built into the top level file with your pin as GPIO_1: INOUT STD_LOGIC in the port declarations and then mapped to the port map for the qsys ip. (part of the tutorial).
    Now this map is to hps_io_hps_io_gpio_inst_GPIO1 => GPIO_1 in your case... so the system is linked to the top level pin (specified as INOUT as this is normal for a GPIO).

Now in order for the preloader to know you want that top level pin [GPIO_1] enabled you need set it once in the assignment editor...
    GPIO_1 Assignment name-> I/O standard 3.3V LVTTL(value) Enabled(yes) <- this is the only one you need... i think you might of named it in a vector or something but just trial one first to make sure your doing it right.

I cannot help you any more than this. If it still not works out it may still be a hardware failure but unlikely.

Best of luck

Kyle

Ravi,

I am sorry you need to start with the basics... it involves creating a simple system with your cyclone v soc process (or other processor of your board) with Qsys within quartus, generate the design and create a top level design in either Verilog or VHDL hardware languages. You can then get to grips with it all.

Please if you require further help follow the tutorials within this website. Although might not be available for your board you will be able to follow the process accordingly.
    https://rocketboards.org/

Best Regards

Kyle

Hi kyle,

Thanks for your reply.I am just a starter in deo nano SOC board.My req is very simple I just wanted to access all the GPIO pins GPIO1 and GPIO0 .since I did it using the C code with HPS_LED and HPS_key I thought I just have to use the existing .SOF.But then since this did not work I generated own .SOF using system builder.But since this said no driver found I had to use qsys tool.This is where I got stuck.I just need a .sof where I can confiure the register and do the toggling and clearing.thats the requirement.so can I use the existing HPS_LED.sof and in that modify the .V file and add the
    .hps_0_hps_io_hps_io_gpio_inst_GPIO01 ( HPS_GPIO_1 ), // .hps_io_gpio_inst_GPIO01

will this eneble the GPIO1 and can I access the register from the linux user space.??

Need to generate .sof to create this

Kindly let me know.
    Thanks and regards
    Ravi chandran

Hi Kyle,

For the exisiting .v files if I has .hps_io_....GPIO01 ==>GPIO_1 and then compile with qsys and then create .sof then I will be able to access the GPIO1
    If I get an example file which has this I can add the same later I can extend this to other pins and repeat the same for GPIO0.

regards
    Ravi